Mistura, South America’s largest and most important gastronomic fair in Lima, is just 2 months away and until now only a few basic details have been released and this back in March.
Usually by this time of the year we would have a program, information on ticket prices and sale, details on participating chefs and VIPs, the music and cultural program, a site plan and promotion material on the table; but this year so far nothing.
Many of our readers are excited to read more information about the Mistura 2017 that celebrates its 10th anniversary this year and contacted us hoping we know more details.
As we as well are kept in the dark, we got in contact with the Mistura organizers. But unfortunately, the reply wasn’t what we expected and quite unsatisfactory. We were told that the first details, including exact location and layout, programs, ticket sale and novelties for Mistura’s 10th birthday will only be announced in the next few weeks.
So for now we only can wait for more information and summarize the few details we already have on the Mistura 2017:
- Mistura 2017 takes place from September 7 to 17, 2017.
- This year’s motto of Mistura is “Healthy Food”.
- Mistura 2017 will move from its former location in Lima’s Magdalena del Mar further north along the coast to the new Costa Verde in Callao and will be held at the Villa Deportiva Regional del Callao (former Parque Zonal Yahuar Huaca) located between Av. Colonial and Guardia Chalaca - Udate July 22, surprising news: Mistura 2017 moves to Rimac.
- As in the past years renowned chefs from across the globe will be present – organizers hope to attract famous chefs such as Jamie Oliver or Alfredo Oropeza.
- As in previous editions of Mistura, the gastronomic fair will be thematically divided into different culinary worlds.
- Last year sorely missed World of cocoa, chocolate and coffee will be back again
- New will be the World of Peruvian wine, cheese, ham and bread.
- For the first time Mistura visitors as well will be able to enjoy the World of broths, soups, thick soups and stews from different regions in Peru.
- The World of Peruvian Pisco will be expanded with an tasting area and an area informing about grape varieties, production regions and the production process.
- The Great Market, every year again the heart of Mistura, where a great variety of typical Peruvian produce from the country's different regions will be offered, is given a greater prominence, particularly in the light of this year’s motto “Healthy Food”.
- And as in the previous years, in addition to a wide variety of the best Peruvian cuisine, Mistura 2017 will offer an extensive music and cultural program.
Update July 22, surprising news: Mistura 2017 moves to Rimac