After Apega, the Peruvian Gastronomy Society, announced a new location and a new date for this year’s Mistura just weeks before Peru’s largest food fair was supposed to start, it seems that now the chaos is over and the organization is back on track.
While for now we are still left in the dark about concrete details and wait for other surprises, slowly but surely, more detailed information about this year’s 10 edition of Mistura gets out which we summarized below:
- The new date for the Mistura 2017 is from October 26 to November 5.
- Mistura 2017 will move from its former location in Lima’s Magdalena del Mar not to Callao as previously announced, but to Rimac. South America's largest gastronomic fair will be held at the Club Revolver, behind the Church and Convent of the Descalzos near the Alameda de los Descalzos, a beautiful tree-lined promenade in Lima’s district Rimac, which is just north of downtown Lima separated from the historic city center just by the Rimac River.
- This year’s motto of Mistura is “Healthy Food”.
- The Great Market, every year again the heart of Mistura is given a greater prominence, particularly in the light of this year’s motto “Healthy Food”. On 3,335 m2 (over 36,000 sqft) 330 producers and farmers from all over Peru will offer a great variety of typical and not so well known Peruvian produce from the country's different regions.
- As in previous editions of Mistura, the gastronomic fair will be thematically divided into different culinary worlds.
- Last year sorely missed World of cocoa, chocolate and coffee will be back again
- New will be the World of Peruvian wine, cheese, ham and bread.
- For the first time Mistura visitors as well will be able to enjoy the World of broths, soups, thick soups and stews from different regions in Peru.
- The World of Peruvian Pisco will be expanded with an tasting area and an area informing about grape varieties, production regions and the production process.
- And as in the previous years, in addition to a wide variety of the best Peruvian cuisine, Mistura 2017 will offer an extensive music and cultural program.
- Ticket pre-sale is from August 10 to 30 (extended until September 10) - tickets prices during this pre-sale period are S/. 13 (adults) and S/ 7 (children) when visiting Mistura Mondays to Wednesdays and S/ 18 (adults) and S/ 8 (children) for visits Thursdays to Sundays.
- After the pre-sale period regular prices for Mistura tickets are S/. 17 (adults) and S/ 9 (children) when visiting Mistura Mondays to Wednesdays and S/ 26 (adults) and S/ 11 (children) for visits Thursdays to Sundays.
- Please note: costs for food are not included in the entrance ticket.
We will update this page as soon as new details are announced.