Last Saturday, September 9, 2017, the Latin America Ceremony of the World Travel Awards, the “Oscar of the Travel Industry" that acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence in the tourism industry, took place at the Riviera Maya in Mexico.
And leading hospitality providers from Peru once again could clear some of the prestigious trophies in the region.
The Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport Hotel, could defend its title as South America's Leading Airport Hotel 2017, which it holds since 2012.
For the 6th consecutive year South America's Leading Business Hotel 2017 is the Swissôtel in Lima.
The Delfines Hotel & Casino in Lima was awarded for the 4th time as South America's Leading Casino Resort 2017.
For the first time the Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa in the Sacred Valley received the trophy South America's Leading Resort 2017.
And Peru was not only awarded South America's Leading Green Destination 2017, but the Peruvian Tourism Board, PromPeru, known for its creative and highly successful advertisement campaigns, once again received the title South America’s Leading Tourist Board 2017.
Sadly, Peru lost its title as South America’s Leading Culinary Destination, which it held since 2012, to Argentina this year.
On a national level the following hotels were awarded:
- Peru's Leading Boutique Hotel 2017: Casa Andina Private Collection Valle Sagrado
- Peru's Leading Business Hotel 2017: Hilton Lima Miraflores
- Peru's Leading Car Rental Company 2017: Avis
- Peru's Leading Hotel 2017: Belmond Miraflores Park
- Peru's Leading Hotel Suite 2017: Presidential Pool Suite @ Belmond Miraflores Park
- Peru's Leading Luxury Boutique Hotel 2017: Aranwa Cusco Boutique Hotel
- Peru's Leading Resort 2017: Aranwa Sacred Valley Hotel & Wellness
- Peru's Leading Tour Operator 2017: Machu Travel Peru